(Warning: this post is picture-less because I am too lazy this late at night to get them off of FB).
Well, over a month has passed since I last blogged but I have pretty good reason...I've been busy! Since my last post, I had a birthday-the big 34, been doing a lot of exercise/running, Christmas break, Christmas and New Years, I ran a 5K on New Year's Day, and the kids are back in school.
My birthday was fantastic. It really was just a normal day where I went to the gym, played with kids, picked kids up from school, had some delicious cake bought by my hubs, and went to dinner with some friends.
The kids got out of school on the 21st of December and it also was the first day of Corey's vacation time. We did projects over the break. Mainly, Corey did the projects while I finished Christmas shopping and taking care of the kids. (I did get to go to the gym solo though the whole time he was off). I did a lot of running to get ready to run a 5K (I am not a huge runner but would love to be one who enjoys it, which I definitely am beginning to do).
The Sunday before Christmas we headed up to College Station to hang out with family. We were there less than 24 hours...we spent time with some of the family and had such a fun time and then treked back home so we could do our quiet own little Christmas Eve at our house. Christmas Day was great. The kids opened their gifts, my parents came over for a bit and we celebrated my mom's birthday (she is a Christmas baby) that day. Was pretty chill at our house.
For New Year's we were bums. We didn't do anything at all. No fireworks, no staying up until midnight. (We stayed up until 11pm CST and rang in the new year when the ball dropped in NYC on TV). Plenty of fireworks went off around the neighborhood, though. New Year's Day, I woke up to the rain and cold and drove in to Downtown Houston and ran a 5K. The feeling you get when you accomplish something that you've always wanted to do was AWESOME!!
Corey went back to work the day after New Year's and so we went back to just hanging out at the house since the weather has been so dreary over the break. Kid's were good sports about going to the gym with me though.
Kid's finally went back to school on Tuesday and life is back to our normal routine. I love it because I can start really getting ahold of cleaning the house without all 4 home to mess it up.
That is all folks...
P.S-My baby girl turns 2 on Friday...I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT. The two years has gone by so fast. She is awesome and I will definitely take pictures of her that day :).
Toodles. And I promise some pictures this weekend if I can stop being lazy about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment