Since we are caught up on laundry and most the house is clean (that is an amazing feat), I figured I have a little bit of time to sit and blog. I wanted to do better about this year but life is busy in our home and I don't have much quiet time to blog.
This year started out with a bang. I ran my first ever 5K. Yep, I never stopped to walk and I did it in 40 degree weather and in the drizzling rain. It felt so good to accomplish that. I then convinced my neighbor to do one and so I am running the 5K ConocoPhillips Rodeo Fun Run in just about 4 weeks. I am excited and it keeps me running 2-3 days a week. At the end of the week, Corey and 3 friends from here went to the Cotton Bowl where A&M beat OU 41-14! They had great seats and a great time!!
The kids went back to school from Christmas break on the 8th and it is nice to be back in a routine. Ashlyn started cheer leading at the gym where I work out. She loves it and I love that it is low-key. Sadie celebrated her 2nd birthday on the 11th. Yep, we have a real 2 year old that comes with all the cuteness not to mention the tantrums. We love her and are so happy she is a part of our family.
The hubby started traveling again for work but I don't mind it. I love not having to worry about making dinner a lot. The kids eat whatever I make for them...sometimes it is breakfast for dinner or it is just some grilled cheese sandwiches. It all depends on if they can agree on the same thing.
The day after Corey got back from Washington D.C. he called me to tell me he got tickets to go to the Bear Bryant Awards Banquet to honor the AP coach of the year for College Football. Well, let's just say that was the best.date.ever! We got autographs and we met Coach Kevin Sumlin, the coach of our beloved Aggies! Took some fun pictures and ate some delicious food. A night we'll never forget!
This last week Grant had dental work done where they had to put him under. That was so hard to watch but we got what we needed to get done and now we are looking into orthodontists. He was loopy and said some funny things but I was happy when he got back to himself. Hoping to get some braces (probably just the first of two times) on him this year.
This week ends out the month and there isn't much to say about it. Just the normal busy, getting my hair done, Ashlyn starts choir again, and husband is only gone 2 nights :)! Happy me. Oh another note, the weather is very late spring/early summer like this past week! After all the rain at the beginning of the month I am loving it. Shorts and flip-flop weather!!
Here are pictures in no particular order...
![]() |
| All our autographs. Amazing that we met 5 of the 6 head coaches that were honored. |
![]() |
| Grant after his dental work. It was a lot of work to take care of him. Thanks to a good friend who watched Sadie and Brady it was nice to be able to focus on this one kid all morning! |
![]() |
| This is my natural skin color. I was just having to make sure I documented that it was 81 degrees outside and it was January. Sorry for our friends in very cold places! |
![]() |
| Us and Coach Sumlin. Corey was on cloud 9. Nice man and hopefully he stays at A&M a long time. |
![]() |
| A beautiful day outside! |
![]() |
| Corey and the former coach of the Aggies, RC Slocum |
![]() |
| The birthday girl so excited about her balloons! |
![]() |
| On my way to run my first 5K. Ran it in 36 minutes! |








No comments:
Post a Comment